LINKEDIN MARKETING STRATEGY
Here, we will discuss the LinkedIn Marketing Strategy for B2B and other businesses. You will know insights into how a brand or a company can do Linkedin Marketing. Linkedin with Marketing can be the twin technique for any business, especially B2B.
For almost all businesses, either B2B or B2C, marketers always find various ways to generate leads and maximize the sales funnel. All platforms can not be sufficient for all businesses; that’s why many marketers fail and lose huge money while running Ad campaigns.
In the last few years, LinkedIn has become one of the most effective and efficient tools for generating leads that many businesses have not explored yet.
Before knowing how we can execute LinkedIn with Marketing, Let’s understand how robust the LinkedIn Marketing Ecosystem is.
LinkedIn Powerful Ecosystem:
The world’s biggest professional platform, i.e., LinkedIn, has a compelling ecosystem. It has 675 million monthly users in more than 200 countries till November 2019.
But as per the CEO of LinkedIn, Jeff Weiner, the achievement is not enough for him. His ambition is to reach 3 billion people to sign up for LinkedIn. LinkedIn has 46.97% monthly active users.
In the recent survey on LinkedIn by Hootsuite, it is revealed that 61% of LinkedIn users’ age is in between 25 – 34 years.
The U.S. is the biggest market for LinkedIn, where it has 165M users, followed by India with 62M users and China with 48M users.
38.6% of the total traffic on LinkedIn come from the USA, whereas 16.8% are from India.
57% of the total traffic on LinkedIn’s is from mobile.
More exciting statistics about LinkedIn is
LinkedIn has 15x more content impressions than job postings, and the engagement on LinkedIn is increasing by 50% year over year.
LinkedIn Marketing for B2B:
A report and research by LinkedIn Business of content marketing say, 94% of B2B marketers and 89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for lead generation. The reason is the Low Cost per Lead. As on LinkedIn, the cost per lead is 28% lower than on Google AdWords.
More than 30M companies are on LinkedIn. Sponsored InMail has a 52% open rate on average. 61M LinkedIn users are senior-level executives. Out of them, 40M are in the position of making decisions.
Among the top 500 Fortune companies, LinkedIn is the most-used social media platform.
DID YOU KNOW THAT??
- 87 million millennials out of the 2 billion are on LinkedIn globally.
- 11 million millennials out of 87 million are in the position of making the decisions.
- LinkedIn profiles with photos get 21x more views and 36x more messages.
- There is a complete gender diversity on Linkedin as 43% of LinkedIn users are women, and 57% are male.
LinkedIn SlideShare has 80 million monthly active users, with 18 million pieces of content uploaded.
LinkedIn- The Most Preferred Content Marketing Platform for B2B:
- #1 channel where 94% of B2B marketers distribute their content on LinkedIn
- On the LinkedIn feed, there are 9 billion content impressions every week, where 2 million LinkedIn users share content weekly.
- LinkedIn makes up more than 50% of all social traffic to B2B websites & blogs.
- 91% of marketing executives believe that LinkedIn is the top place to find quality content.
- 92% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix.
LinkedIn Revenue Statistics:
- LinkedIn’s annual revenue is almost 6.8 billion U.S. dollars.
- Linkedin generates more than $454.000 per employee.
- LinkedIn’s Q3 2019 revenue has increased by 27%.
LinkedIn generates 3x more conversions than Twitter & Facebook:
In a study of HubSpot, LinkedIn generates 2.74% of visitor-to-lead conversion, which is 3 times higher than Twitter at 0.69% and Facebook at 0.77%. Research also says LinkedIn leads are not only potential but more qualified and willing to buy. Here are some of the LinkedIn automation tools that will upscale your business by generating quality leads.
How to create a Company page on LinkedIn?
Fortunately, Creating a LinkedIn company page is very simple. It helps others know about your business and service offerings. To create a company page, you must have a personal LinkedIn profile and a verified email address. If your LinkedIn account is new or if you don’t have enough connections, you might get an error message. This means that you need to build out your profile and expand your network if you want to have a company page.
Steps to Create a Company page on LinkedIn
There are simple steps to create a Company page on LinkedIn, and you can do it even today! You can create a free LinkedIn Company page. You only need your LinkedIn account and a verified email address. Pages are where you attract and interact with your target audience. With the significant creation of Page, you can catch the eyes of your prospects. Because it is a showcase life inside your firm or business.
Make About Us Page dynamic rather than static. It will help you build thought leadership, build brand awareness, and make your audience take action.
Steps have been explained below:
# Go to Create Company Page
# Select the size of your company:
# Start filling in the right information in the respective sections such as Name, Website URL, Company details, and upload the recommended size photo.
Keep in mind; the photo should be relevant to your business (it can be your company’s logo). And, do not post images of dogs, cats, or any animals. Make it highly professional, as LinkedIn is known for its professional networking, making it different from other social networking platforms.
# Write a brief about the company and its offerings with additional relevant information. It should be short, catchy, and well articulate while describing your company’s products or services.
Adding location will help you stay connected with businesses in your local area.
At last, you can add a maximum of 3 featured groups. It is a compelling way to acquire new leads.
# Upload a high-quality 1128px *191px (recommended) cover photo which can tell about company’s product or services.
# Select on Create Company Page
There are over 30 million Pages on LinkedIn; if you are not one of them, you miss significant opportunities and lose prospects.
Let’s get started with your newest invaluable marketing tool, i.e., Your LinkedIn Page
After creating the company page, implement a weekly schedule for your campaign and content marketing strategy.
1. Send invites every Monday to Friday from 3 pm – 4 pm to build your network relevant to your niche.
In 2020, LinkedIn again added a new feature to invite your connections to follow your company page. On a single day, you can invite 25 people from your connections.
You need to click on your company page; then, you will see the added feature of LinkedIn on your right.
2. The best time to engage on LinkedIn is in every morning, and reply to messages from 8 am – 8:15 am
3. Post 2 content in a week every Tuesday and Thursday. No need to post 1 or more content daily. Your content length should be lengthy, but not too long. The ideal length for the post is from 1700-2100 words. In one study, it is found that the 1900 words content gets more shares on LinkedIn.
What are a Showcase Page and How to Use as a LinkedIn Marketing Strategy:
It is purposely built pages designed to promote specific business lines, products & services, or brands within your company. With the Showcase Pages, you can build your unique and prominent presence for every vital part of your business.
For example, LinkedIn has 9 Showcase Pages.
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- LinkedIn Learning
- LinkedIn Talent Solutions
- LinkedIn Sales Solutions
- LinkedIn Economic Graph
- LinkedIn Editors
- LinkedIn for Good
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions: Financial Services
- LinkedIn Premium
Like Affiliate Marketing, an affiliated Page is linked to another page by the LinkedIn Support team and represents a related or subsidiary company. The affiliated Companies or Affiliated Schools section on a Company or University Page will reflect all affiliations.
Invest in your Company Page (Sponsored Content and Direct Sponsored Content)
80% of Sponsored Content engagement comes from mobile devices. Make sure your website or landing page design is responsive.
LinkedIn sponsored content allows you to publish quality and relevant content to reach a targeted audience of professionals related to your niche. The reach is beyond your LinkedIn Page followers.
With the use of Direct Sponsored Content, you can share content directly in the newsfeed. It gives you the ability to personalize and test content without originating posts on your LinkedIn Page.
Analyze the data thoroughly with Page Analytics:
Page Admin center provides the analytics tab with metrics and trends where an Admin can analyze the rich data such as:
- Reach and engage for each post individually
- Identifying trends over custom date ranges
- Know your followers and viewers with demographic charts
- Track more about your traffic, such as page views, unique visitors, and career page clicks
- Analyze the content which is doing better and performing well, and based on that form your content strategy
How to See and Track Page Analytics?
- Go to your Page
- Click the Manage Page Button towards the top of the Page to enter admin mode.
Types of Page Administrator that can manage your Page
It gives them access to the employees to make edits to your Page, add other admins, and post updates.
#Sponsored Content Posters:
The marketer of your company has the ability to share content to the homepage feed of Linkedin members.
This feature of LinkedIn gives access to the recruiters to post company updates on behalf of the company.
#Lead Gen Forms Manager:
With this feature, marketers have the ability to create, modify. Or duplicate Lead Gen Forms as well as download the Lead Gen metrics report.
Techniques of Increasing Content Engagement:
Post Targeted Updates on Your Page:
You can target based on the followers’ profile, such as company size, industry, function, seniority, geography, and language preference. With this strategy, you can also reach the same targeting parameters.
Steps of Targeting Specific Audience
- On the Updates tab of the admin center, you can draft your Page update.
- Click all the followers at the bottom of the update box.
- From the dropdown, select the Target Audience.
- Select the Audience Attributes on the “Target Audience Setting Page” such as Language, Geography, Job Function, University, Degree earned, Field of Study, Industry, Company Size, and Seniority Level.
- After choosing your setting, the targeting tool will automatically show you how many viewers are being targeted on Page’s right side. These are the number of your potential audience who will see the update on LinkedIn Home Page Feed and your Page.
- Once you are done with your settings, click SAVE, and create the view at the page’s bottom.
- Now you are all set to Post your Update.
How to Engage Your Page Globally?
You can customize your Page to reach a Global Audience. To make this happen, you can create and add other Admins for your Page from regional offices to send the company updates targeted to their regions.
LinkedIn has a feature where you can display the company page name and description in over 20 languages. It will make your members convenient to see i. their language, what the company says. If you haven’t added, you will see the default name and description.
LinkedIn Dynamic Ads (Built your Brand with Followers)
You can use unique Ad formats and “Follow Company” Call To Actions(CTAs).
10X employees have 10X the connections as their company has followers on LinkedIn. So, it is essential to remember that employees are automatically followers of their company’s Page. If the employees share your content with their many connections, it will automatically increase your brand’s visibility.
Key Brand Awareness Metrics:
- Page Followers
- Number of Clicks on Post
- Engagement with likes and shares on the post
LinkedIn Marketing Strategy to Increase Content Engagement
These are the following tips that can build your Brand like Pro.
- Produce High-Quality Informing and Inspiring Video Content.
- Write eBooks relevant to your Niche and Audience.
- Making SlideShares
- Creatives and Infographics
- Blog Posts
- Case Studies
- Third-Party Industry Articles and Reports
- Comprehensive Detailed Industry Focused Reports and White Papers
- Serial, themed posts (for example, #MondayMotivation and #WednesdayWisdom and the like)
9. LinkedIn Marketing Strategy for Updates:
- Optimize introduction and headlines well
- Always try to include a catchy and very relevant caption with a Call to Action (less than 150 characters)
- Ask a specific question to your audience for better engagement.
- Do not post low-quality Media that can pixelate. The best recommendation from LinkedIn is to use 1200 px*627 px, which is precious.
- Analyze your audience interest and produce the content as per their interest
- You should always maintain an editorial calendar and follow that only.
- Produce enriched content including graphs, statistics, and quotes
- Reply to the comments of your audience for better engagement.
- Sponsor your best content and extent your reach beyond your followers
Top 10 Exceptional Pages on LinkedIn with Marketing:
Build thought leadership by featuring your employees and giving followers an inside look into your company culture.
It features engaging, branded imagery that highlights impressive stats or quotes for optimal engagement.
Speak your audience’s language by targeting messages by language and geography.
It shares helpful, third party content.
It answers and solves the problems of its audience.
The images and Thumbnails are very relevant to the message they convey.
8. HCL Technologies
It features the most valuable content by pinning the updates on the top.
The content of Tesla always emphasizes the company’s position as an Industry Leader.
Attract top talent by sharing remarkable experiences.
Conclusion on LinkedIn Marketing Strategy:
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network on the internet to logically and smartly establish your company presence. You can use LinkedIn for multi-purpose such as attracting new customers, new talent, building or branding Pages, sharing useful content, and many more.
After all, the world’s professionals are coming to LinkedIn specifically to connect to brands and their networks and engage high-quality content. LinkedIn is the only professional networking platform where people invest their time rather than spend.
I highly recommend that an individual use LinkedIn as the best tool for lead generation to flesh out your digital presence. It starts by creating a high-powered pro, convincing Company Page that is linked to your website.
Remember to share in-depth, high-quality, actionable content multiple times per day. Then start utilizing LinkedIn’s paid ads to reach new audiences.
Don’t forget to retarget your existing leads with Matched Audiences.
You can launch a Pro Page and start sharing high-quality content and get free engagements via your followers on LinkedIn in no time at all. With the best practices and shared LinkedIn Marketing Strategy and tips, you can attract most to your business with the Page strategy.
Which strategy you like the most and what strategies do you use to start growing your business and brand via LinkedIn?
6 thoughts on “LinkedIn Marketing Strategy for B2B [2023 Guide]”
Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.
Quite comprehensive article on LinkedIn! I’ve got a question—to build social proof for a B2B firm, is it best to post from a personal profile (CEO/Co-founder/C-suite) or from the company page? Which would be more effective & engaging?
I loved your blog and thanks for publishing this about linkedin marketing strategy!! I am really happy to come across this exceptionally well written content. Thanks for sharing and look for more in future!!
Thanks for sharing, this article is extremely great and helpful it is very useful for users. Thanks and keep Sharing.
Off-course! Enjoy the learning…