Ratan Tata Overview:
Ratan Naval Tata commonly known as Ratan Tata (born 28 December 1937) is a business tycoon, industrialist, investor, philanthropist, and a former chairman of Tata Sons; who serves as its chairman emeritus. Ratan Tata’s father was an adopted son, and he is raised by his grandmother. He has completed his education from Harvard Business School. Many people are getting inspiration from Ratan Tata Quotes and sayings.
Humanitarian Contribution to the Society:
Tata Group of companies is a cluster of 14 charity organisations that use dividend income from Tata Sons to work on social welfare projects in education, healthcare, livelihood and sanitation.
As a philanthropist, Tata contributes 66% to their total annual profit to the Charity. This is remarkable and tremendous and not even a single company has done so far.
Honour and Award:
He is honoured by the top civilian award of India; with Padma Bhusan in 2000, and Padma Vibhushan in 2008.
Ratan Tata is a damn good pilot and was the first Indian to pilot F-16 Falcon in 2007.
Think Big, Take Risk and Achieve Big:
With his prominent and charismatic leadership style, being a chairman for 21 years; revenues grew over 40 times and profit over 50 times. With his bold moves, Tata Tea to acquire Tetley, Tata Motors acquire Land Rover and Tata Steel acquire Corus. He turned around the company by conveying the message “stop taking baby steps, and start thinking globally.”
Top 10 Ratan Tata Quotes:
- The strong live and the weak die. There is some bloodshed, and out of it emerges a much leaner industry, which tends to survive.
2. “If you want to walk fast, walk alone. But if you want to walk far, walk together.”
3. I don’t believe in taking right decisions. I take decisions and then make them right.
4. “None can destroy iron, but its own rust can! Likewise, none can destroy a person, but its own mindset can!”
5. “Ups and downs in life are very important to keep us going because a straight line even in an ECG means we are not alive.”
6. “Take the stones people throw at you and use them to build a monument.”
7. “I admire people who are very successful. But if that success has been achieved through too much ruthlessness, then I may admire that person, but I can’t respect him.
8. “Business needs to go beyond the interest of their companies to the communities they serve.”
9. “I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised.”
10. “If it stands the test of public scrutiny, do it… if it doesn’t stand the test of public scrutiny then don’t do it.”
Closing Key Note:
Ratan Tata is a visionary, youth icon, inspiration and an epitome of integrity who teaches the world about; a) having vision; b) never give up on your values; c) get out of the safe mode, d) always have a positive attitude and also advise the entrepreneurs don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Ratan Tata always inspires millions of lives and motivates them. Tata believes, young India has a lot of potentials to build a more prosperous India and will create a great impact.