Overview and Achievements:
Bernard Arnault is the emperor of 70 brands including Louis Vuitton and Sephora. He is the chairman and CEO of LVMH Moet Hennessy-Louis Vuitton; world’s largest luxury product group. Bernard Arnault is the richest person in Europe and 3rd richest person in the world after Bill Gates and Zeff Bezos having net worth of $ 103 Billion. This blog is throwing the lights on life and business with the help of Top 10 Bernard Arnault quotes.
Born to an industrial family in Roubaix, France on March 5, 1949, Bernard Arnault attends the Roubaix lycée and the Faidherbe lycée in Lille. Then he goes for the study at the Ecole Polytechnique. He starts his professional journey as an engineer with the Ferret-Savinel construction company and becomes the Chairman in 1978.
Bernard Arnault remains there until 1984, when he undertook the reorganization of the Financière Agache holding company. He brings the group to profitability as he embarks upon a strategy of developing the world’s leading luxury products company.
Bernard Arnault becomes the majority shareholder of LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton, in 1989; creating the world’s leading luxury products group. Mr. Arnault is the Chairman and CEO of the company since that date. Mr. Arnault is also President of the Board of Directors of Groupe Arnault S.E.
Mr. Arnault is also awarded by the honorary titles of Grand Officier de la Légion d’Honneur and Commandeur des Arts et des Lettres.
1. Mastering the paradox of star brands is very difficult and rare – fortunately.
2. “The person who I admire most in business is Warren Buffett. He is a long-term investor and has brilliant ideas, and he sticks to them.”
3. “What made Louis Vuitton famous was the quality. We don’t do marketing; we just create products which are exceptional in their design and craftsmanship.”
4. “When something has to be done, do it! In France, we are full of good ideas, but we rarely put them into practice.”
5. “I take time to get close to, and I don’t immediately throw my arms around someone.”
6. “Affordable luxury – these are two words that don’t go together.”
7. “Luxury goods are the only area in which it is possible to make luxury margins.”
8. “In the luxury business, you have to build on heritage.”
9. “If you control your distribution, you control your image.”
10. “I like that combination between creativity and the creative process and the organization needed to make a business like this successful worldwide.”
Closing key Note:
From this legendary we can learn life-lasting lesson which can help to grow and run business. Also, Mr. Arnault is an inspiration and motivation in real life as well.
Major Business learnings can be;
- Take craftsmanship seriously and insist on being the best.
- Infuse your product with a sense of history
- Pay attention to the real human resource motivation
When you bring a product to market, make sure it is excellent and have great essence of feeling and emotions. This is the key factor to retain the customers.
Life Lessons can be;
- One should be passionate about what he is doing
- Great leadership comes from making decisions and being human.
- Always be competitive with yourself and follow the path of continuous improvement.
This blog is curated on Mr. Arnault’s life and “Top 10 Bernard Arnault quotes” gives you the pedagogy of business and life.
Also Read: TOP 10 JEFF BEZOS QUOTES
Also Read: TOP 10 WARREN BUFFETT QUOTES