About Influencer Marketing Strategy and Trends 2021
Influencer marketing is a type of social media marketing strategy that identifies people who dominate that specific brand’s industry. In influencer marketing strategy, brands form a relationship with the celebrity or micro-influencer in their niche and ask for endorsements and product mentions from these influencers. Since influencers have a strong-hold in that particular industry with a huge following base and engagements, brands get huge exposure.
Current Influencer Marketing Trends and Statistics
80 out of 100 marketers find influencer marketing as a useful tool.
71 out of 100 marketers say the quality of traffic or consumers, driven by influencer marketing, is much better than other marketing sources.
89 out of 100 marketers believe ROI is excellent from influencer marketing than any other marketing channels.
65 out of 100 marketers are planning to increase their marketing budgets in influencers in 2020.
Let’s discuss more Influencer Marketing Trends and Strategy.
|Influencer Marketing Data and Trends|
|80% Marketer Believes||Effective & Efficient|
|71% Marketer Believes||Better than other Channels|
|89% Marketer Believes||Delivers 11 Times Higher ROI|
|65% of Marketers||Increase Budget in Influencer Marketing|
How does Influencer Marketing Work?
Influencer Marketing helps brands to achieve their campaign goals. The goals can be split into many categories based on the solutions provided by the brands. Since brands have their own Key Performing Indexes (KPIs).
- Social Reach to get Followers, Subscribers, Impressions
- Engagement for more Likes, Comments, Sentiment, Shares, Mentions
- Press, Media Mentions, Website Traffic, Channel authority
- Sales / Conversions
- Click-Through Rate
- Cost Per Click
- Conversion Value
- Referral traffic
- List Growth
- Influencer Audience Loyalty
71% of marketers say the quality of traffic is better than from other marketing sources such as PR, Paid search, email marketing, social media marketing, or SEO marketing. The reason is simple; the influencers have a very targeted audience in their domain or Niche.
Most Effective Content Formats and Social Media Channels for Influencer Marketing:
|Most Effective Content Formats and Social Media Channels|
How Finding Appropriate Influencers for a Campaign is a Struggle:
- 61% of marketers say, to find the right influencers for our brand campaigns is very difficult.
- Even though Instagram’s crackdown checking and spotting on fake followers is still the number 1 concern.
Things to Consider while Choosing Influencers:
|Most Effective Content Formats and Social Media Channels|
7 Major Influencer Marketing Challenges:
- Spotting Fake Followers: 50%
- Social Algorithm Changes: 49%
- Building an Always-On Strategy: 41%
- Rising Influencer Costs: 38%
- Keeping up with Social Media Trends to Stay Relevant: 33%
- Developing a Strong Creative Strategy: 33%
- Reducing Time Spent Managing Campaigns: 30%
Top Matrics of Influencer Marketing:
|Matrics of Influencer Marketing|
|Sales or conversions||48%|
|Impressions or views||45%|
What will be your Influential Marketing Campaign Goal Strategy:
- Who is the best Influencer for your Band or Campaign?
- Name of the Influencer
- Age Range
- What are the platforms on which he/she is Popular?
- Campaign Goal
- Number of Posts on Each Platform
- Your Views or Analysis to Consider him/her as an Influencer.
The Pros and Cons of Using Influencer Marketing for your Brand [Infographic]:
The strategy of Finding the Right Influencers:
Build your database for the right influencers. The database of the right influencers is the backbone for any influencer marketing campaign.
You can use Google spreadsheet or Excel sheet and start searching Manually.
The column of your excel sheet or spreadsheet should contain
- Name of Influencer
- The industry of influence which is related to your Niche and category
- Total Followers on Instagram
- Total Followers on Facebook or Snapchat, or the top platforms your audience uses)
- Total Followers on Twitter
- Instagram link
- Facebook link
- Twitter link
- Website URL (If he/she has)
- Email Address and Contact Details
- Remark: How regular they post, how close they are to their Niche, and what are their engagements with their audience
|Name of Influencer||Email Address||Contact||Industry||Instagram URL||IG Followers||Facebook URL||FB Followers||Twitter URL||Twitter Followers||Website URL||Strengths||Weaknesses||Remarks|
- Social sentiment
The ultimate objective of most ad campaigns related to sales and service provider companies is to get conversions. It is the best tool to measure your ROI and target.
Conversions are defined by any directed action a visitor or prospecting customer takes outside the original social post or campaign’s bounds or campaign. It is within the influencer marketing campaign.
Conversion Rate can refer to and defined by the below factors:
- Click-Through Rate(CTR):
It tells us the number of times audiences click on the ad link. The link drives the visitors to their targeted destinations, such as websites, Social Media Accounts, signups, downloads, newsletter,s or the like.
The most critical and objective in all aspects of conversion is “Sales.” When any purchase happens or is analyzed based on the transactional characteristics or payment page, it provides brands with essential insights for campaign effectiveness and future sales.
Suppose any transaction happens on any digital products, software, applications, ebooks, tools, or anything like that. It is considered as the conversion and one of the best measures for ROI.
- Sign Ups for Newsletter, Memberships, or any Subscriptions:
Sign-Ups has a direct relation with the company or brands and prospecting and potential customers. It generated revenue for them.
Examples are, Sign Up for membership for any club such as YPO. Subscription of News and live updates for media publications such as Forbes, Bloomberg, Al Jazeera, The New York Times, or entertainment purposes, like Netflix and Youtube.
When a consumer clicks through to a brand, they can peruse other areas of their site or account and find value beyond the initial social media prompt. These experiences can also lead to purchases, downloads, signups, site bookmarking, and future visits.
- Cost Per Acquisition (CPA):
CPA happens when a targeted consumer becomes the ultimate customer or consumer for a business. It includes all marketing expenses and human resource efforts.
The number of Views is analyzed by Reach.
Engagement comes from Shares & Mentions, Comments, Likes, and Favorites.
- Social Sentiment:
Social sentiments are the most influence on visitors. It can be analyzed from Comments, Likes vs. dislikes, and Tools. Tools help brands in analyzing keywords and hashtags with demographic and historical data.
We have analyzed and researched the blog in the context of Influencer Marketing Trends, Strategy & Effectiveness. Leave in the comment box what your business is and which strategy you liked the most.
Conclusion About Influencer Marketing Strategy and Trends 2021:
As you can see from this blog post that influencer marketing is one of the most effective marketing channels. Brands are leveraging every aspect of influencer marketing. Not only this, brands are more likely to increase their influencer marketing budget in 2021.
The common goals for brands with influencer marketing are;
- Brand building and awareness by increasing the reach of that product to the relevant audience with influencers’ help.
- Building a huge audience building with an increase in subscribers or followers.
- Bring higher engagement by getting more likes, comments, and shares on your content.
- High-quality lead generation
- Bring more conversions by selling your products or services.
- Customer loyalty and trust by connecting them with your brand.
- Link Building helps your site’s organic growth and ranking on the web.
So, What are your best marketing channels and strategies to promote your business online? Or, which influencer marketing strategy are you using for your brands?
Do let me know by leaving a comment.